From:
John Deetjen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Deetjen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 1995 16:15:06 EST
I think everyone's looking at Lake Superior because they know how to win in
the second half of the season. These guys seem to know how to get things done
when they need to. I have to salute Jeff Jackson for his job with a young
team which has lost many scorers, not to mention goalie Blaine Lacher, to
graduation. This is why I think they can beat Clarkson. Whether or not they
can beat BU in the second round or not, that's a different story. However,
Jackson's a great motivator, and seems to be able to get the most out of his
teams. This is a team which struggled through two overtime games in the
NCAA tournament last year, but seemed to have a breeze against a seemingly
better (talent-wise) BU team. This year, they could be set up for a second
round match up with the Terriers again, provided they manage to get by
Clarkson. Since BU's bringing almost everyone of their best forwards and
defensemen, plus goalie Derek Herlofsky, who I believe will shake off any
jitters he had in last year's championship game, I think they could send
the Lakers home quickly, especially since LSSU has a younger team. Throw in
any "get one for the gipper" thoughts in reference to J. P. McKersie, and
BU looks pretty intimidating. However, Jackson could also manage to squeeze
out a couple of major upsets out of his boys for this one.
That's why I think LSSU is dangerous. Any team which is struggling, but
proud will be.
Later everyone!
John
GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!