From:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 1995 08:10:47 -0500

Brian Farenell wrote:

>I have to chime in here. I've heard this sort of implication
>made several times in the last few days and frankly I'm
>getting sick of it.
>
>Before they have to worry about BU, Lake St. has this minor
>detail called a game on Friday against this little, iddy-biddy
>team called Clarkson. I know it's *just a formality* to those
>all powerful western teams but Clarkson has been known to
>win a game occassionally.
>
>These sorts of comments are enough to make me root for
>any ECAC team (including RPI, ugh). Let's go Red?
>
>BRI
>
>(Did I just say "Let's go Red"?)

I'm afraid your anger may be directed at the wrong people.  I haven't
seen or heard any LSSU fans giving less than the proper respect to
Clarkson.  We may have done that in '91, but not this time.  Please
take note of who is making all the LSSU/BU noise.  I believe it's
primarily BU/Hockey East fans who are hoping for revenge.  That's fine
and well  understood, but I don't think anybody from the Soo
(i.e. iddy-biddy upstate Michigan) is taking this any faster than
one game at a time.

Matt Wickey                     Lake Superior State University
Carnegie Group, Inc.            NCAA Div. I Champs 1988 1992 1994
[log in to unmask]                  Go LAKERS!