From:
wistvani <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 1995 21:54:23 CDT
Potential HOCKEY-L gathering.

Is anybody else going to be attending BrainShare next week.  If so
and if you're interested in a put faces with names get together please
let me know via private email.  I will be reading mail until sometime
Saturday afternoon or evening.  Perhaps we can try to pick up the
selection broadcast.

Lingering Rules Question.

At the risk of sounding foolish, I want to ask about something that I
saw weeks ago at a UIC-Michigan game.  A few times during the game,
what appeared to be coincidental minors were called.  Yet both
penalties were put on the scoreboard and the teams skated 4 on 4.

When a similar situation occurred and the teams were already 4 on 4,
the penalties did not go on the clock and the teams remained 4 on 4.

I didn't get a good look at the penalties as they occurred, or the
actual calls, so I may be missing some vital information.

However, this makes me curious as to whether the CCHA plays with a
different rule than the WCHA, and if that's so what the other
conferences do.  Or did the rule change and I miss something, since my
latest understanding was that penalties called at the same stoppage of
play, even if they were not at the same "real time", were treated as
coincidental and if the teams were at equal strength, the penalties
did not go on the board, and the teams remained at the same strength.

Wendy Istvanick
UW Womens Hockey - '92-'94
Chicago Ice - '94-'95