From:
Brian Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 06:44:50 GMT
Jeffrey M. Beyer ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: I would certainly not have the audacity to second-guess Bob Gaudet, who I think
: should win ECAC coach of the year, but I had a thought regarding the team's
: goaltending situation.

: Granted, Parsons lost Game 1 of the series against Princeton and then the
: backup (his name eludes me) won the second game to force Game 3.  Granted, the
: backup bailed out the team, but still....Parsons was nothing short of brilliant
: for a good part of the regular season and was "the man" through thick and thin.
: Might Gaudet have erred by not going back to him for Game 3?

I think Gaudet made the right choice.  At a time when Parsons seemed to be
struggling, and Audette impressing a lot of people (including Gaudet,
probably), it made sense to put in the goalie that was getting the job done.
Audette made some incredible saves Sunday night (unfortunately, i didn't get
to Saturday's game), and I don't think Parsons would have done any better.

I hope, in light of the end of this season, Gaudet chooses to play both
goalies often next year.  It'd be nice to see Holowaty in there a few times
too--he's got a lot of potential.  Yes, his stats may  *look* bad
because he was put in to save Parsons in the Clarkson game, where Clarkson
was just playing *way* above the level of Brown.  He was the only one of the
three to hold Team Canada scoreless in the exhibition game last November.

Let's not forget that the goalies made this team what it was this year, too.

My thanks to Audette for a great job Sunday night.  See you next year.

Ever true,
Brian Fisk '98
Brown hockey page: http://www.netspace.org/users/bfisk/hockey/

Brian Fisk                              Box 0039
[log in to unmask]                    Brown University
http://www.netspace.org/users/bfisk     Providence, RI 02912