From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 1995 01:19:12 -0500
Ryan Robbins writes:
>Maine (29-4-6 overall), the No. 1 seed in the HE tournament,
>will play No. 5 seed UMass-Lowell (17-17-4) Friday at Boston
>Garden in the semifinals.

Actually, the teams are re-seeded for the semifinals, so Maine cannot
face Lowell.  Maine would face the lowest remaining seed, which
currently is Providence.  Maine would face Merrimack instead if
Merrimack upsets BU Sunday night in the remaining HE quarterfinal.

Tonight (Sat), Heather and I went to the RPI-Harvard game and met up
with some of the BU fans on HOCKEY-L.  The BU folks seem a bit worried
because they have now gone to four playoff games in the area this week
(UMass-BC, PC-UNH, UML-NU, RPI-Harvard), and all four have been won by
the road underdog.  I don't think anyone would blame them if they
stayed away from Walter Brown on Sunday. :-)