From:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 1995 01:56:40 EST
Some thoughts:

   Believe me, I don't question your memory on college hockey.  But how about
now comparing 1987 to the years before that.  To say college hockey was better
back then because 1987 just happened to be awesome (and I agree with you)
doesn't make sense.  Also, in 5 years it won't be a Catch-22, because those
players from 1987 have had their best years behind them, more than likely, or
at least they are now at their peak.  I do think a better comparison can be
made then.

   As for the story on Ruid -- good story.  I must admit to have been shocked
to see Ruid start going crazy, but I shouldn't be.  Meaning no disrespect to
Ruid, this is like the left wing on a line with Kurri and Gretzky.  Ever since
the first time I saw St. Louis and Perrin, I was awed -- and I'm not using that
term lightly.  These guys have eyes behind their head.  Their intuition with
each other is unsurpassed.  It reminds me of Trottier-Bossy - really!  I mean,
St. Louis waited a year for Perrin to enter college so he could go in with him.
 It was the right move.

I would say one or the other should be the Hobey candidate from ECAC, but which
one?  Are their numbers inflated because they have the other with them?  Would
they be as good separated?  Is it fair to hold this point against them when
considering Hobey candidates?  I don't know.

The only player I've seen anywhere near as dominating as those two rug-rats is
Brian Mueller of Clarkson.  After those three, it's Blair Allison of Maine, not
necessarily in any order.  BU has so much talent, it's hard to discern.  No one
dominates because they don't need one guy to dominate.  Maybe that hurts them
come Hobey time.  As a disclaimer, I've only seen BU, Maine and Amherst from
outside the ECAC.  These are the best I've seen.

                   AW