Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 1995 07:47:05 -0900
I spoke to Nanook head coach Dave Laurion on the phone yesterday.  The
team is leaving for Ohio this evening and will not arrive until 6:00PM
local time tomorrow.  Since ice time is not available until Friday
morning (game day) UAF will be practicing in a different environment.

The team will head over to the fieldhouse and engage in a little football
scrimmage to unwind after the long plane ride.  As football fields are
not readily available in Fairbanks this time of year, the players are
looking forward to tossing the pigskin.  (UAF, nor UAA for that matter,
does not offer football as an NCAA sport, for obvious reasons.)

The interesting thing is that the Nanooks first tried out this technique
last year at BGSU, enroute to two convincing victories.  Perhaps the
Falcons had better be on guard against the flea-flicker this weekend...

Enjoy the games.  I look forward to commentary from those of you lucky
enough to attend.  I'll be tuned in to the old AM radio.

Mark Sonnier
UAF '90, '96

By the way, Mr. Haeussler was kind enough to post the UAF roster and
scoring summary yesterday along with the other CCHA teams.  So, I'll
limit my pregame posts to players-to-watch type commentary for those
Bowling Green fans unfamiliar with this year's Nanook team.