From:
lesley bricker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
lesley bricker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 1995 20:51:36 -0500
 I was wondering if someone out there could help me with a question I
have.I just got done listening to the Buddy Powers radio show a little
bit ago and he commented on something that I hope the Hockey-L can clear
up(Powers is the coach of the BGSU Falcons.)
 BG has a sophomore defenseman by the name of Kelly Perrault who was(up
until I heard the radio show tonight)the second leading scorer of the
defenseman in the NCAA with seven goals and twenty two assists for 29
points.Powers gets the BU Terriers newsletter as BU is his Alma Mater and
he brought up a point about the leading defenseman in the nation Chris
O'Sullivan who plays for BU.Powers said that this newsletter says that
O'Sullivan is actually playing left wing and only plays the point on
power plays.Now my question is this:shouldn't Perrault of BG be the
leading defenseman since O'Sullivan is actually playing as a forward?I
feel that Perrault should be the leader if O'Sullivan is playing as a
forward because his points are coming as a forward and not as a
defenseman,and Buddy Powers said he also feels the same way.Are Buddy and
I right or does O'Sullivan still get credit for his points he scores as a
forward counted toward his points as a defenseman.Or was Buddy wrong when
he said that O'Sullivan is playing at left wing?
 I hope somebody can clear this up(Mike or Jeff Weiss maybe?)If
O'Sullivan is playing forward,I think it would be right to give Kelly
Perrault the recogniton as the top scoring defenseman in the nation.Help!!!

                                                      Alex Bricker

Brian Holzinger for Hobey Baker(22-21-43 pts,best in nation!)