From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 1995 01:18:07 EST
Some have been posted, but here's the complete list according to NESN.

at BC 8, Mass Amherst 4
at BU 5, UNH 1
Merrimack 5, at Army 2 (NC)
at Providence 6, Air Force 1 (NC)

No notes on MC-Army since I did not make the trip.

BU led UNH 3-0 after one and 5-0 after two, but the Wildcats did not
play that badly and it was not really a one-sided game.  UNH coach
Dick Umile got himself tossed early in the third arguing a marginal
slashing call, and I surmised it was more of an intent to fire his
team up - they did play much better in the third although the game was
decided already, and it could carry over to their game Sunday at
Merrimack.

NESN reported something interesting...Mass Amherst sophomore D Rich
Alger has transferred to BU and will be eligible the second semester
of next season.  Alger was the first player to sign with UMA when
their program was revived, and he was one of their better Ds.  He was
skating a regular shift as one-half of UMA's top defensive pair and as
far as I know, he played in every game for UMA this season until he
left.  I'm not sure what led him to leave, but it obviously wasn't a
lack of playing time - and BU is not a place kids go if they just want
to play.

Alger is 6-1/185, out of Barnstable, MA, and played for Barnstable HS
and the Notre Dame Hounds before UMA.  He tallied 2-9--11 in 27 games
his rookie year and had 0-1--1 through 11 games as of 12/3/94 (last
stats I had for him).  I'm curious to hear what the BU people know
about this.  Alger should have 2 1/2 years of eligibility remaining,
but BU graduates only two seniors from a reasonably deep and otherwise
young blueline corps; I'm not sure Alger will find himself playing
much at BU.  He was pretty much guaranteed to keep playing at UMA.

I caught some of the FSU-MSU game on tape delay after BU-UNH, and
kudos to PASS/Prime for putting up not only other CCHA scores but also
most other scores from around the country.  The other networks that
produce Prime games should do this as well when their game is the Game
of the Week.