From:
Comstrike <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Comstrike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 1994 13:55:08 -0500
I was at the game when we started to use the "SeeYa" cheer.  It was
aginst Mich.  If they hadn't brought every whinning little kid with them
we wouldn't have used it. It is bad enough that we have so many little
Junior High kiddies from town huddling for warmth up along the score
boards, but to haveing to put up with dozens of little kids chanting
"SeeYA" was more than even we could take.  As it is I have seen the SeeYa
cheer on TV with other teams, I don't think it is exclusive to U of M, in the
 same
way our doing that "Ref signaling a goal" style pointing at the other
teams goalie is used by other teams in other places.  We also don't do
the "SeeYa" cheer in the same way, but it may well be a moot point since the
 cheer is
slowly evolving back into "aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAHHHHHHH-SIIIITDOWN!"  Which I
think is something we came up with, though I may be wrong on that. In
anycase I think it is only a passing trend.  It most likely happens all
the time.

Nathan W.L. Boyle