From:
"G. M. Finniss" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 1994 14:51:04 -0500
1)  Sophomore forward Brian Crane will miss Friday's game at home against Ohio
    State and Saturday's home game against Lake Superior with a bruised left
    thigh.  Crane should be ready to play when the Spartans travel to Bowling
    Green on December 9.

2)  Freshman forward Richard Keyes missed Tuesday's practice due to a cut left
    heel, but is expected to play against OSU on Friday.

3)  Sophomore forward Josh Wiegand has been cut from the team.  (I had heard
    rumors earlier in the year, from some of my undergraduate students, that
    Wiegand and Mason had been having "personal problems" and that Wiegand was
    essentially gone.)  Wiegand made two or three starts this year but had been
    dressing very infrequently.  This should give more ice time to Matt Albers
    and Taylor Clarke.

    Wiegand can stay at MSU and use the remainder of his 2 1/2 year scholarship.    If Wiegand decides to leave MSU, I am not certain whether he would be re-
    quired to sit out a full season.  (E.g. if he transfers at the end of the
    current semester, he might be able to play in January 1996 somewhere else.)
    Those more versed in NC$$ Regulations would probably have to clarify this.

G. M. Finniss
Michigan State University 6-1-1, 9-3-1
WVU '87, UTenn '92, MSU who the hell knows when?