From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 1994 14:49:00 EST
All taken from the December 2 THN:

MICHIGAN TECH
Junior winger Kyle Ferguson attacked head coach Bob
Mancini after being cut from the team.  Players and coaches
pulled Ferguson away, and the MTU Public Safety Dept
was called...although no charges were filed.  All happened
on October 30.  Ferguson played 36 games last season
and the first three this year.  The THN article included a
great Mancini quote from late 1993-94: "Right now, the
players have the hammer.  Next year, the coach is going
to have the hammer."  Apparently, MTU didn't have enough
players on the roster last season for Mancini to discipline
dissenters...but they do now.

ST CLOUD
Goaltender Neil Cooper, who is missing the season due
to injuries sustained in a September 17 auto accident, has
been charged with one count of criminal vehicular operation.
Cooper is accused of being under the influence of alcohol
when his car struck an ambulance...with flashing lights and
sirens.  The ambulance rolled over and the patient inside
suffered broken bones in the back and head as a result.
Cooper's injuries include a broken femur.

MICHIGAN ALUMNI
Chris Gordon, my all-time favorite UM netminder, received
some positive press in THN.  Gordon has a 2.39 and 92.6%
in 11 games for the ECHL Southern Division first place
Huntington Blizzard [7-4-1].  Gordon, who saw limited action
behind All-American and NCAA victory leader Steve Shields
at Michigan, commented, "I had four years to rest.  Now, I'm
ready to play."  Gotta love him. :-)

John H
U Mich