From:
Jill Maser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 1994 10:00:01 -0500
Sorry I'm a tad late with this info.

The Philadelphia Inquirer ran a nice 1/2 page article on Aaron Israel
Sunday.  It covered the following main points:

1)  He's definitely being groomed to take over the Philadelphia Flyers' top
goaltending spot in the future.  Officials predict about 3 more years in
the minors honing his skills.

2)  He's doing well in the minors.  (I didn't bring the article with me to
work, so I have no stats.)  General concensus is that he needs to work on
his puck-handling skills.

3)  The article presented some of the reasons he left Harvard, and stated
that he was the second player to leave Harvard early in the last 35 years.
(I didn't follow all of our discussion about this a while ago very
carefully, so I don't know if this info gels with what you all produced.)
Apparently Israel and his coach had a misunderstanding and Aaron's father
was believed to have been pushing Aaron to turn pro.  Aaron signed after
being criticized in a private meeting with the coach.

If anyone wants some more specifics, please contact me privately and I'll
dig the article out of the recycling bin. :-)

Jill Maser