Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 91 15:57:33 EDT
Here is an uninformed fan's view.  I have no inside (or outside) information,
just an uninformed opinion.

It will come as no surprise to you that MSU did not match up with anyone's
expectations this past year.  At the Blue Line Luncheons, the coach got to
explaining to them that this was a year for them to learn (along with
the coach and the players) that MSU did not have a lock on home ice
for the Conference playoffs, to say nothing of subsequent tournaments.
He was having a real hard time convincing the Blue Line Membership, so
finally in desperation, the team did not achieve Conference playoff
home ice.  There has been no Blue Line Luncheon since then . . .

As to Bryan, he was a major disappointment to my uninformed view.  He
centered the second line a year ago with Shawn Heaphy and Peter White, so
this looked to me like it should be the number one line this year.  Not only
were they not number one line, they were not even a line most of the
time.  I don't know what his problem was, but he was skating with whoever
was available on whatever line (come to think of it I don't think you
could indentify any combination of players as a line, much less put a number
on it).  Why he was unable
to get it together with linemates from the previous year escaped me.

Well,  you said "any" MSU "fans" with a few "words", you didn't say anything
about truth or information, but . . . Bryan did not have a good year.  The
two highlights were No. 2? (not at the end of the season) Gilmore and
Defenseman Jason Wooley who led the team in scoring.

(We really need a couple down years so that I can get a couple more
season tickets - on which there has been a lock for more years than
I care to remember now.)