From:
Duke Of Earl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 91 14:25:06 EST
John Feigal writes:
>While I got better views of all the goals (I, like Carol and Erik,
>had seats at the end of the arena where only 2 goals were scored)
>the drama and excitement of the game just wasn't there.

I agree fully with you John.  I too was on the 2 goal end of the ice and
the re-broadcast of the game did very little to get me excited.  I
wanted to see the pipe-to-pipe shot I heard so much about here in
Marquette.

I have to tell you folks that I spent over an hour to get the seats on
the end which saw only two goals.  Knowing the Northern has an extremely
explosive offense in the third period all season long, I wanted to sit on
the end which they would fire at for the first and third periods.  The
people at the ticket office gave me tickets with my fellow NMU fans
because they had no idea which end the home team shot at first.  I went
into the arena and talked to at least five people with walkie-talkies
and suits before I found a person who could figure it out.  The person
who had the right answer was Billy Pye.  We went back to the ticket
office and exchanged our tickets to sit on the 2 goal end.  We sat
amongst BU and Maine fans and had a great time anyhow!  All that
planning and who woulda thought NMU would go into a 3rd period shell.
The shell play of NMU in that third period was very typical of previous
teams who went into the 3rd period with a lead.  It was very unusual of
this Championship team.
--