From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 91 18:43:14 EST
Louie LaPlant says:
>A hearty thumbs up to the BU fans. They made it extremely difficult to stay
>faithfull to the WCHA and root for NMU. Don't read that wrong, I've got nothing
>against NMU, but the BU band kept playing the Bud Song for us, and there were
>about 12 BU coeds with cute accents sitting around us.

    A couple of points should be made here (boy, am I organized today):

 1. The BU band stole the Bud Song from the Northeastern band, who stole it
    from the Wisconsin folks back around 1987.  The Northeastern band never
    used to play it until one game in 1987 when Wisconsin came in, won a game
    3-2, and had more fans than Northeastern (home) did.  The fans marched out
    with "When you say Wisconsin, you've said it all!" echoing throughout the
    Back Bay.  Suddenly the NU band picked it up, substituting Northeastern for
    Wisconsin (nice fit since both have three syllables).  I first heard the
    BU band play it about a year or so ago, and I thought it was strange that
    they were playing it since "Boston University" doesn't fit very well.  But
    they only play the song, they don't sing the end.  And they sure weren't
    playing it for the Wisconsin people because they have been playing it all
    along.  I just thought that should be cleared up.

 2. Were the BU coeds' cute accents New York or Boston accents?  I would bet
    this week's pay that they were New York accents, because Boston folks can't
    afford to go to BU.  Also, a New York accent may be cute, but a Boston
    accent isn't.  It is the way Americans were meant to speak, ever since the
    Pilgrims landed on Plymouth Rock.  And will someone answer a question for
    me?  How could the Pilgrims have landed on Plymouth Rock?  It's enclosed
    in a huge stone building so no one can get near it.  Call the people who
    publish those history books, something isn't right here.

    - mike

    p.s. if anyone gets to see Rangers-Caps tonight, please let us know how
         Amonte & Weight look for the Blueshirts.