From:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 1994 16:58:25 CDT
Today's (10/18/94) Star-Tribune had John Gilbert's WCHA Preview.  Since I posted
the St. Paul paper's yesterday, I won't post that, but I will post Gilbert's
predicted order of finish and a Scud tidbit:

The Strib also has a WCHA Preview article "WCHA title race a tossup" by Gilbert,
the 1993-4 final standings and what appears to be the entire 1994-95 schedule
for all 10 teams.  Here are Gilbert's picks:

1.  Colorado College
2.  Minnesota
3.  St. Cloud State
4.  Northern Michigan
5.  Alaska-Anchorage
6.  Denver
7.  Wisconsin
8.  Minnesota-Duluth
9.  North Dakota
10. Michigan Tech

And, for those of you already worried about NEXT year's freshmen, the promised
item from Sid "Scud" Hartman's* sports gossip column:

Nov. 9 is the early signing date for Gophers hockey.  The Gophers will sign
three or four of the top six hockey players.  The top six are Erik Rasmussen,
St. Louis Park;  Wyatt Smith, Warroad;  Reggie Berg, Anoka;  Matt Cullen,
Moorhead;  and Mark Parrish and Mike Anderson, both of Jefferson. The first four
to commit could wind up playing for Minnesota.

*for you hockey-l newcomers:  Sid has been jokingly referred to as "Scud"
because of the similar levels of volume and accuracy.  It's used here as a
reminder that, particularly when it comes to hockey matters, Sid's info should
be taken with a grain of salt.

Pam Sweeney                             Go Gophers!!!
[log in to unmask]       1993 & 1994 WCHA Playoff Champions
                                   1994 NC$$ PHinal PHour
3 more days!!!                          Ski-U-Mah!!!