From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 91 19:01:21 EST
    I want to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU to everyone who has
    helped make this mailing list a huge success for the second straight
    year.  There are too many people to name, and I don't mean to start
    300 thank you messages :-), but I'll first say thanks to Wayne Smith,
    who accepted the list from me one year ago when it had outgrown Apollo's
    capacity for all of the mail.  Wayne has since done a masterful job
    of owning the list, something which could soon become a full-time job! :-)
    Putting the list on Maine's LISTSERV also gave it a much wider exposure,
    resulting in the addition of many more fans from many more schools.  I had
    originally hoped to be able to get fans from every DivI school, and we are
    very close to that goal right now.  I could not have imagined the way
    people would take to the list.  Wayne has done a great job of tracking
    down addresses and problems and is always quick to respond whenever you
    send him mail.  Most of you don't know what a great job Wayne has done.
    Thanks again, Wayne; you'll never know how much it is appreciated.

    My other THANK YOU goes to two overlapping groups of people.  One is the
    long, long list of people who took the time this year to post something,
    anything.  Participation is what makes this list successful.  Whether it's
    the people who work every week to compile lists of scores, game stories,
    etc., or the people who just post when they have something to add every
    now and then, be it an opinion or a fact no one else knows, or even the
    people who just read the list to learn more about the game and don't feel
    comfortable with posting, *everyone* plays an important part.  To see who
    is on this list to be thanked, you can fetch the list of members from
    LISTSERV at Maine.  Thank you very much and I look forward to reading your
    contributions in the future.

    Finally, I want to express my appreciation to everyone who is in one way or
    another actually involved with or connected with a college team or a
    conference, or who basically has a deeper-than-a-fan's interest.  I have
    been able to use much of the information you've posted throughout the
    season in my dealings with press folks or people from other schools.  I
    know that Kathy Walsh, asst. commish of Hockey East, has expressed a
    definite interest in the list and maybe I can pursue that angle a little
    more soon.  Anyway, thank you for the help you've given me this season -
    you all know who you are - and I look forward to working with you next
    season and in the future.

    Now to the hot-stove league.  What do you call off-hockey season?  The
    cold fridge league?

    - mike