From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 91 12:44:00 CST
Duke of Earl says:

> I will be there on Friday evening.  I will call the hotel this night to
> hope to catch Eric and Carol.

  You did mean that you *couldn't* make it on Friday, didn't you?  When we got
back to the hotel after the Clarkson-BU game, there was a message waiting for
us.  When we called the hotel desk they told us Duke had called to say, "Go
Cats!"  We really got a kick out of that.  The Cats played as well against
Maine as they did against the Gophers on the same rink three weeks ago.

  We had the HOCKEY-L party in our room after the evening game, and several
people from the list were there.  Fred Flintstone (Ted Weiler), Bob Cunningham,
and one other fellow (whose name I can't recall just now) were there.  Ted
and Bob did not, however, bring their tubas with them.
  Since the party was in our room, Paula and I were there, as well as Carol
White, John Feigal, and several others poor souls without e-mail access.
We met some other HOCKEY-L folks at the arena, including Louie LaPlante,
Dean Barker, Ken Snell, Doug DeAngelis (actually Carol met him, not I), but
they weren't able to get to the party for various reasons.  Anyway, we had
a great time, and may try it again next year in Albany.
  We really enjoyed seeing and hearing Clarkson's band, who made it to St.
Paul after a 25 hour bus ride.  Of the bands we heard in the Civic Center,
the Clarkson band was by far the most entertaining.  They stayed in high
spirits all the way to the end of the game, though they were down by several
goals.   We were cheering for the Golden Knights in hopes that they would
make it to the championship, but it wasn't meant to be. The Knights are a
very young team, so they may very well find themselves in the Final Four
next year as well.
   I don't have time right now to describe what happened on the ice, so I
will leave you with these off-the-ice reports.   We're looking forward to
a well-played game on Saturday night; I will be cheering for the pride of
the WCHA, the Northern Michigan Wildcats.

Erik Biever                              --GOLDEN GOPHER   MMMMM    MMMMM
St. Paul, Minnesota - Home of the       --HOCKEY            MM MM  MM MM
1991 WCHA & NCAA Championships         --Fastest Game      MM   MMMM   MM
BITNET:    e-biev@uminn1              --In Town           MM   MMMMMM   MM
INTERNET:  [log in to unmask]                      MMMMM          MMMMM