From:
Charles Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 91 10:59:56 -0700
Through the good graces of USAFA assistant coach Jordy Bowman, I got to
spend yesterday afternoon watching the Maine - Michican Game.  The one
sports bar in town let me watch the first half hour or so of the BU - Clarkson
game before the satellite was preempted for the NHL.  I just didn't have more
pull than the 15 or so blackhawk fans.  They didn't find the station until
just before BU's 1st goal, but I did get to see 4 BU goals.

BU - Observations
        Clarkson's Goalkeeper seemed to be having an off night.  Even though
        the short handed goal was so pretty, it should have been stopped.
        Clarkson seemed to let down a bit after that.

Northern Michigan - Observations
        Maine seemed to squander a few early chances with misses from
        up close in the 1st.  Roy played well.  It seemed to Jordy that
        the ice wasn't in good shape and he thought that contributed to
        what I perceived as sloppy pass handling both ways.  Any comments from
        those who were there.

        One of the best games i've seen in a long time.  It was a shame one
        team had to lose.

charlie shub  [log in to unmask]  -or-   ..!ucar!boulder!cdash
  or even         (719) 593-3492     -or-  cdash@colospgs (BITNET)