From:
Robert Pohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 91 19:27:00 +0100
Back in my pep band days (all of 2 years ago) I heard of no rules governing
playing during breaks in the action.  Usually, this was no big deal because
there usually wasn't another band (Clarkson being one big exception!) but when
there was another band, it was fastest band goes, and sometimes both at the
same time (I especially remember the cacophany of `Davy' and `Turn me loose'
being played at the same time a Cornell and Clarkson hit the ice)
Between periods, there was usually an agreement between the bands who would
play first, and then we'd alternate.
I guess what I'm saying is that no rules ever cramped our style!  Just some
courtesy.
---Mecki
(Cornell hockey fan in a country they don't even know what college sports
are...)