From:
Rick Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 91 17:46:13 EST
The last two items I read mentioned referee Gallagher, including one
reporting that he was injured in both games he did this weekend.

Gallagher seems to be one of the better ECAC refs, but he also seems to
lead the league in getting knocked senseless.  I've read several reports
on the hockey list of his getting bopped this year, and also recall seeing
the same in the games he did here in Ithaca.  Now that I think of it, I
remember him gettng crunched a couple of times last year as well.

I wonder if the quality of his officiating and the frequency of his getting
run over or hit by pucks are related?   Or, is it just an unpleasant
coincidence?