From:
Fred Flintstone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 91 13:02:27 EST
About my previ posting (which might come later) in which I stated the fans
were decent ones, I was talking about the first two nights and a good part
of the third game. There were, of course, a few people near our band who did
not appreciate us being there. I did not see what happened after the game as
the security guards ushered the band out pretty quick to prevent any
unpleasantness. (The fans were not too happy when during the national
anthem, the Clarkson Band placed a lot of emphasis on the word "night" a la
Cornell style.) Anyway, overall they were decent fans.

	BTW, over the weekend, some "rules" were brought to our attention.
I don't know if they are actual rules or things demanded by LSSU under their
home ice advantage. 1) The Clarkson Band was not allowed to play for warm-ups.
We were told that the LSSU warm-up was "choreographed" to a tape that was
played. 2) The two bands had to alternate playing for stoppages in play. That is
we play one break, they the next. Are these legitimate rules, or are they
beefs brought to the NCAA official at the game by LSSU and he agreed with them.

					Ted Weiler
					Clarkson Pep Band '94