From:
Mike Zak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 91 15:31:45 EST
Some notes on the Clarkson-LSSU series so far:

	What Clarkson did right Friday night, LSSU did Saturday night.  It
	seems that the two teams just switched jerseys.  Hopefully they'll
	switch jerseys back tonight.  I think that tonight's game will be
	a bit more defensive and low scoring, but then again, I could be
	wrong.

	Thanks to Jeremy for his concise (not my long winded) summaries of
	the games.  He was right about LSSU shot total for Saturday night,
	48.  If Clarkson has any hopes of winning they have to bring that
	way down, below 35-40.  Most of last night's game was played in the
	Clarkson zone.  The team was flat and not skating nearly as well as
	it has been of lately, since the first Yale game.

	LSSU has been doing a good job of shutting down the Clarkson pp.
	Holding them to 2-10 (I think).  For a team that was converting in
	the upper 30% range, this is poor.  LSSU goalie had some very good
	saves during two of Clarkson's early pps.  However, Clarkson is not
	getting the puck movement they need to score.  As for their penalty
	killing, (4-4 Fri. and 1-4 Sat.), they need to pick this back up to
	Friday night's level.  (So only 18 pps in two games for both teams.
	Seems like they're playing some good hockey.)

	LSSU was 18-0 on Friday nights going into the series.

	I really don't want to listen to tonight's game but I just have to.
	I'm going clip all of my nails real short beforehand.

	Congrats to all of the other home teams.  They seemed to have really
	played some inspired games.

	Gallagher has been one of the decent ECAC refs this year.  Gee, did
	Pierre evaporate or something?  Maybe Bill would know. :-)

	The LSSU fog horn is less annoying than the SLU siren.

Mike Zak
Clarkson '87, '90,...