From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 91 21:28:00 CST
   It was a heck of a series, but the Gophers came up on the short end. The
score tonight was Maine 5, Minnesota 3.  Maine is the best team we've seen
so far this year, and I expect they will do well in the St. Paul Civic
Center next week (but I still wish it were us instead of them).
   We had several HOCKEY-L folks here at the house to watch the game on
TV.  John Feigal was here, but he's already left.  Carol White is standing
behind me as I type this, and I am about to let her take over the keyboard.
And now.........here's Carol!
  Well what can I say? Maine has an excellent team and hopefully this will
bring a few more Hockey-L people to the Twin Cities. We are still accepting
reservations for our Hockey-L party on Thursday night!! Gopher "ears" are
optional. *:-)
    Time to drown our sorrows now. Thanks Gophers it was a heck of a season.

    This is Erik again.  I should also mention that my partner in marriage
and hockey fandom, Paula, is here too, but she declines to take the keyboard
at this time (even though it's HER keyboard).  She says she's sobbing in
her Vernor's soda, and doesn't want to short out the keyboard.

   So, where is everybody tonight?  We don't know if Clarkson has pulled
off another win over LSSU.  Michigan apparently lost big to BU, and when
last we knew Northern Michigan was beating Alaska-Anchorage.  But there
hasn't been any mail since the middle of the afternoon.  We're here, anyway.

   No More Gopher hockey this season :-(  but we're off to the Civic Center
to see some great hockey and, we hope, some of our friends from HOCKEY-L.
That's it for tonight from Minnesota.

-- Erik
Erik Biever                              --GOLDEN GOPHER   MMMMM    MMMMM
St. Paul, Minnesota - Home of the       --HOCKEY            MM MM  MM MM
1991 WCHA & NCAA Championships         --Fastest Game      MM   MMMM   MM
BITNET:    e-biev@uminn1              --In Town           MM   MMMMMM   MM
INTERNET:  [log in to unmask]                      MMMMM          MMMMM