Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 91 22:37:20 EST
     Well, the Clarkson Golden Knights have done it again.  Tonight, in
Sault Ste. Marie, MI, Clarkson defeated the #1 team in the nation, the Lakers
of Lake Superior St., 7-3 in front of 3,211 fans.  Clarkson scored first when
Hugo Belanger shot one past goaltender Madeley (don't have his first name) of
LSSU.  This was the only goal of the first, and the Knights took the 1-0 lead
into the locker room.  After that, the Knights defense must have gone
sightseeing for a few minutes (anything to see in that town?  I've heard it's
small), as LSSU came alive, scoring at the 5:48, 6:12, and 6:29 marks of the
second.  That was the last we'd hear from the Lakers, as Clarkson pulled
Chris Rogles (who made only one save on LSSU's first four shots in the second)
in favor of freshman Jason Currie, who played the game of his life.  Clarkson
cut the lead to one before the end of the second with a goal by Scott Thomas
at 16:39.  The Knights then scored five straight goals in the third, as
Mike Casselman, Belanger, Craig Conroy, Steve Dubinsky, and Dave Trombley
all added tallies:

		1	2	3	T
CLARKSON	1	1	5	7
LSSU		0	3	0	3

Scoring by periods:

1st:  10:42 CU - Belanger (Trombley, Torrey)
2nd:   5:48 LSSU-Beddows (Moger, Weatherhill)
       6:12 LSSU-Waite (unassisted)
       6:29 LSSU-Constantin (Harris, Henry)
      16:39 CU - Thomas (Henrich, Dubinsky)
3rd:   6:43 CU - Casselman (Tavi)
     ~13:00 CU - Belanger (asst. unknown)
     ~14:00 CU - Conroy (Green)
      19:19 CU - Dubinsky (en, unasst.)
     ~19:50 CU - Trombley (en, unasst.)

(OOPS...couple of things I left out...CU 16:39 2nd- pp goal, CU 13:00 3rd-
unassisted goal for Belanger)

Saves:  CU - Rogles (15 shots - 12 saves)
	     Currie (27 shots - 27 saves) (?)
        LSSU-Madeley - unknown (gotta love radio announcers...)

Power Play:  CU - 1 for 5
	     LSSU-0 for 4

(Please excuse any misspellings for LSSU...I got these as close as I could
based on the announcers' pronunciation).

In addition to the Knights' taking a 1-0 lead in the series, this ended a 15-
game winning streak for the Lakers, and a 26-0-2 streak in their last 28.
The Knights are now on a 7-game winning streak (8-game unbeaten streak).
Clarkson now has a 28-7-2 overall record, LSSU falls to 35-4-4.  The two
teams face off again tomorrow at 7:30 EST.

Other quartefinal scores (all final scores, HOME team in CAPS)

	MAINE 4, Minnesota 0
	BOSTON UNIVERSITY 4, Michigan 1
	NORTHERN MICHIGAN 8, Alaska-Anchorage 5

Oh, one more thing:  the referee for the Clarkson/LSSU was none other than
HE's Bruce Cole, with WCHA linesmen. (I'll try to catch those tomorrow).

Until tomorrow....

Jeremy "Seton" Hall (Beat those Runnin' Rebs!)
Clarkson University
LET'S GO TECH!! ONE WIN TILL THE FINAL FOUR!!!!!!