From:
Brian Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 1994 15:51:53 EDT
This surprised me:

>Nov 25          St. Lawrence            Canton, NY      1988
>Nov 26          Vermont                 Burlington, VT 1974

I don't think I have ever seen a Western team come up to the North Country
and not play St. Lawrence and Clarkson back to back, unless of course it was a
2 game series.  I wonder why the Golden Knights were left out?   I would think
that playing the national champions would certainly be welcomed in Potsdam.

Also, nothing more in the media today about Buddy Powers moving to BC.
Actually I think this could prove very difficult for Buddy, moving into a
program with a nutty AD, and one in which the head coach seems very much
hamstrung by the administration and the alumni.  I can't argue with the
prestige and $$$ which the job would represent for Buddy, but somehow I just
don't think it's in his best interests.  That and the fact that I certainly
would not look forward to seeing RPI forced to search for a new head coach at
this late date.

One other interesting item about this story: I too heard it broadcast on
Channel 10 on Saturday evening's newscast.  I didn't hear anything on Channel
13 however, which includes alumni and frequent hockey attendee Ed Dague.
                    _
            "NYS   // Hockey"
        Go 'Gate  //   Brian Morris
          Go RPI //      Albany, NY