Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 91 18:25:52 EST
 I will add my two cents worth to the comments of John Feigal and Erik Biever:
 I thought John Gallagher did an EXCEPTIONAL job as a referee all three games
 between the Gophers and the Friars. He had control of the game from the first
 puck dropped and kept control till the final buzzer.

 There was once towards the end of the second game when I yelled at him,
 because a Friar was holding to a Gopher player's stick and yet the Gopher
 player was called for holding. Also towards the end of the third period in the
 third game he was sort of "letting them play" but this was for both teams and
 so we couldn't really complain although the crowd did do the s**k chant at
 which I became very upset. In fact I even turned around and told a gal sitting
 behind me that Gallagher wasn't a bad ref, and I'd seen plenty! She was quiet
 after that.

 I heard on the game tape that Woog (Minn coach) praised the officiating,
 including the linesmen! And after the third game was over he went over and
 shook each of their hands. If only every game could be called so well.

 One of our game crew people, who also works in the media parking area said
 that he saw Ron Foyt (the WCHA supervisor of officials) on Sunday and told
 him he was impressed with the great job Gallagher was doing. Foyt supposedly
 said that anyone can call one or two good games. Sounds like sour grapes Ron,
 he must have gotten a few letters of complaint lately from irate fans about
 the "loser of the West" Buzzy Christensen. *:-) (I wrote one myself.)

 Here's hoping all the quarterfinal games get excellent officiating!

 Carol "the White tornado"
 U of M
 GO Gophers!!!  Beat those Black Bears!!!

 You only go around once in life, and if you work it right--once is enough!!