Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 91 08:49:36 CDT
Erik says
>   Providence's band was at the game, but they were not up to what we have
> come to expect from visiting bands in the NCAA playoffs the past few years
> (Clarkson, Michigan State, Wisconsin).  Still, I think that this is the
> first time in all the years I have been going to Mariucci Arena that the
> Gophers have lost a game when the opposing team's band was there.

Sorry Erik, it wasn't Providence's band.  They paid the University of
Connecticut band and/or bought them T-shirts which said PC on them.  The
U Conn band was in Minneapolis for the NCAA basketball tournament.  Too
bad the band wasn't there on Saturday and Sunday.  PC could have used
the moral support especially on Sunday with a partisan crowd of
7600+ (the biggest of the season) on hand.  They saw an awesome third
period.
John Feigal
Go Gophers!
Beat MAINE!!