Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 91 17:46:07 EST
----- Begin Included Message -----
From: Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Alaska-Anchorage stuns Boston College in game one
. . .  I believe he was probably
    knocked out.  Heinze was sent to the locker room and was given a major
    from hitting from behind, which now carries an automatic DQ - or so I
    thought.  He returned in the third to serve his penalty and continued
    the rest of the game; I can't explain this because I thought I remembered
    seeing this in the rule book (which is at home).
    - mike
[You may be remembering the "Beagan-NCAA" rules a la Commissioner Beagan of
the CCHA who imposed an automatic DQ with hitting from behind in January?
which was used a couple weeks until the NCAA folks informed him about the
real NCAA rules and made him rescind the automatic DQ.]

    p.s. the 1-900 number goes on hold as of tonight.
[ and just as I lifted the phone to call]