Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 91 12:01:32 EST
 Mark "snake in the" Grassl writes:
 >Speaking of gophers, Shari and Erik were so nice to say such good things
 >about the UW band. Thanks, we north-central people need to stick together.
 >Now if only we could get Carol to say something nice about Wisconsin.

 Only because I enjoyed your very scurrilous posting Mark, will I cut you all a
 break. Are you really READY for this??  The Wisconsin Band is fabulous! It puts
  our band to shame, and in 1989 I even wrote to the band director and
 complained about our sit-on-their-hands band. In fact, on Monday night at the
 Civic Center a former Minnesota band member went over to our band and read them
  the riot act to "get busy", because the Northern band was outplaying them!!
 (I sit with a whole gaggle of ex-band people at the games.) The band did much
 better in the second and third periods. I would also like to thank the UW Band
 for their courtesy of not playing while the Minn Band played our alma mater
 "Hail, Minnesota" at the end of the Sunday game. The Northern band on Monday
 night was not as gracious.

 Kiss, kiss...are we all better now?  *;-) *:-)
 -Carol White
 U of M
 GO Gophers!!! ALL THE WAY TO ST PAUL!!!!!

 p.s. Mark, are YOU coming to St Paul for the final four?  There's gonna be one
      heck of a party!!!