From:
Fred Flintstone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 91 11:53:49 EST
Robert Pohl writes:
>    			What is it with tubas, anyway?

Well, being a tuba player, I can honestly say that all tuba players are
sincerely off their rockers. Who else would put 20-25 pounds of brass in
his lap (concert tuba) or maybe a few more pounds than that around his
or her shoulders for an entire hockey game. It could also be a lack of oxygen.
We put so much through the tuba that our brains don't get enough. Whatever
it is I enjoy life like it, and so do all the others.
	Our section is the people who are out to have fun at the hockey game.
We enjoy coming home with our thoats bleeding from all the yelling. What a
blast that is! We are the most visible from out side the band, so I think that
it is our job to create the image of total lunacy for the rest of the band.
Anyone who has seen the Clarkson Tubas (toward the end of the season and the
playoffs) is free to write about how wild we like to be( i.e. motions)

					Later
					Ted Weiler
					Clarkson Pep Band Tuba Player til '94
					Still Coming Down From Boston!