From:
"Kyle D. Aumell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 91 19:01:58 EST
      I just felt the need to explain a few things about Clarkson that people
seem to forget at times.
      To those who said the ECAC final looked "sloppy" compared to that of th
HE final I can only say you were watching two very different styles of hockey.
The HE final was a very offensive oriented game with many, many scoring
opputunities on breakaway's and so forth. Clarkson plays a very defensive and
close checking game geared towards slowing the opponents down and beating them
up, per se.
      And for those who think Wisconsin will run us over this weekend, once
again people have underestimated the effect of WAlker Arena on opposing teams
and ours. The ice surface here is probably greatly smaller than anything Wiscon-
sin has seen recently and that has a profound effect on fast skating teams like
them as 1) we tend to pick off those cross-ice passes since the surface is small
and 2) we tend to really sock it to people on this small ice. People like Scott
Thomas LOVE to plant guys nearly thru the glass when they try dumb things.
      I also think to add to that, that Clarkson may have a rough year next year
as the surface at the new Cheel Center(God, I hope that name doesn't stick) is
larger than that at Walker, so the team will have to change it's style some.
      Well, I'm done now.................

						Kyle Aumell
						Clarkson U. (Surprise, Surprise)