From:
Duke Of Earl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 91 07:45:57 EST
This will include mascots.

Folks, haven't introduced myself to this group to this point other than
to jot a note or two regarding Northern Michigan University Hockey
Wildcats.  First let me say that at the Lakeview Arena in Marquette, the
best pep band we have heard is MTU!  Our pep band is NOT the best.
Secondly, our mascot is Wiley the Wildcat which is NOT the best mascot
we have seen at the Lakeview Arena.

Let us now talk hockey players.  Northern has one of the best teams
this year skating that any team I have seen them put on the ice since
the first puck dropped against St. Louis (they aren't here anymore).
They have more than 2 lines, they have more than 3 lines......in a
coaches dream they have 4 scoring lines!

During NCAA playoff time I clearly understand that anything can and will
happen; however, I fully expect to see this Wildcat Hockey team make it
past the second round.  I would expect a final four birth for the team.
I would not predict a NCAA Chamonship at this posting; however, let me
say that you Hockey East fans has something to look forward toward.  I
believe you will enjoy watching an outstanding European style hockey
team playing very aggressively against HockeyEast competitors.

Folks, this is gonna be fun!  I am glad we wait until you guys finish
the first round to come visit us!
--