From:
Fred Flintstone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 91 20:45:51 EST
I think that things have most definately changed. From your description, the
Band sounds like some kind of bratty kid that doesn't like competition.
The modern Band is different. We want the competition, especially at our
rink. Only one band has made the trip north to face us, and that was Brown.
I wasn't at that game (had the flu), but I heard that they marched in and out
again after the game. When we are on the road, we see it as a challenge to
outplay the other band as well as overshadow the fans. We have taken over
many a rink (for example: Dartmouth, Vermont, RPI, and even Harvard (with
only 20 members no less)). I can't wait for the showdown with the cheesehead
('scuse Wisconsin) band. It should be a grand finale for good ole' Walker Arena.
It is true, however, that our arena is small, so seating is limited. We hold
the proper amount of seats for visitors, but the rest get sold. So if a band
comes, it tends to limits seats for other people from the visiting team.

	Good luck to all the teams, may the best come forward in the end.

					--Ted Weiler
					Clarkson Pep Band '94
				"Anyone want some _*BADGER*_ Road Pizza...
				  GOLDEN KNIGHT style!!!!!"
				(whadda ya know, I finally got the mascot right)