From:
"Kenneth H. Snell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 91 16:56:44 EST
     There was a question about tix for the weekend.  Tix go on sale thursday
at 9:00 am.  $10.00 a game.  This is due to the fact that we can only seat
1800 people.  Standing room are $5.00.  Tix will most likely be available
for friday's game but not the other two.  This is because most students
cannot afford $30 for tickets and would rather go to a game which will
deceide something.  The university TV station will not be broadcasting because
the place will not sell out 24 hours ahead of time.

   On a more musucal note:

     Does anyone know if Wisconsin is going to bring their band?  If they are,
they should try and contact me soon for help in arranging tickets and lodging.
This is no metropolis and I would hate to be someone from the real world who
had to spend 2 days here with nothing to do.  We have 1 nice hotel and a bunch
of sleazy dives.  It might be in a fans best interest to get some notes on
where to stay.

   Ok, here is my two cents about seedings.

   ARRARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I have been here for 4 years now and I still don't understand how this
thing works.  However, I am of the opinion that Clarkson is underseeded and
will suprise some people out west with its play against Wisconsin.  I don't
know the specifics of Wisconsin's ice surface, but I am willing to bet ours

is smaller.  This won't show up in any stats, but it is hard to make long cross
ice passes when two guys hit you as you pass it and catch it.
     I also think SLU got the short end of the stick by not making it.  Granted
they were playing over their heads most of the time but, their record and
ability do merit so attention.

Ok enough about that.

Here are some early predictions for the 1st round:

Minnesota/Providence :  Minnesota in 2

BC / A-A : BC in 2

Michigan/Cornell :  Cornell in 3

Clarkson/Wisconsin : Clarkson in 2

One parting shot:

     Clarkson argueably has the hardest road to the NCAA title.  If we winn
this thing hopefully it will put to rest the "weak" comments.

------Ken
      Clarkson '91
      Happy to be in the Tournament