From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 91 17:37:10 CST
> A previous poster said Northern Michigan was 4-0 against the Gophers.
> This is far from correct! These 2 teams were very even this year,
> each having 1-0-1 home records against each other. Not only did
> they tie the season series, but they each scored a total of 16
> goals in the 4 games! No wonder why the championship game was so
> close!

That was me, from memory. Since I'm a Wisconsin fan and I slighted
Minnesota, I just want to make it clear it wasn't on purpose :-)

I also goofed when I said the regular-season gap between Minnesota and
Wisconsin was 5 points: it was 9 points. Minnesota was a *MUCH* faster
and better team than Wisconsin this year.

> A word of warning to Clarkson fans about the cheeseheads (er, Wisconsin!)
> Their band, and fans are incredible!

The entire band (125+ people) plays a two-night concert at the Field
House every April (I used to be the lighting designer/special effects
person).  It usually sells out (10,000 seats per night).
The band is *CRAZY*

	--david