From:
tom Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 91 18:11:15 EST
This issue of team uniforms is one very close to my heart, and is often my
criterion for chosing a team loyalty when I have no previous bias
(for example in supporting Maine against BU last weekend).
While most teams seem to come up with at least adequate home uniforms,
it's shocking how many teams have really unfortunately ugly away uniforms.
I think a large part of this problem is the inherent difficulty of the
single color away uniform that so many schools have chosen to adopt. While
most colors work ok for trim, or in small amounts, relatively few produce
attractive monochromatic uniforms. A single bright color does not work well
(e.g. the red of BU or Cornell), nor does a single drab color (e.g. the green of
Clarkson). I think strong dark colors are the only way to go here
(e.g. the blue of Yale, and the Red of Colgate). Another approach is the
different colored sweaters and pants, which works passably for Northeastern and
Saint Lawrence.

 -- Tom (hoping Union wears something tasteful, to raise the tone of the ECAC)

(Note: none of the above is my opinion, it is all absolute fact revealed
to my by God the almighty)

(Note^2: Or maybe it's just sour grapes cause my team lost)