From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 91 18:08:13 EST
Ted Weiler writes:
>        I was wondering...How many teams in college hockey have
>chosen to include red in their colors. This weekend at Hockeyfest '91,
>there were three teams (from ECAC) with red and us the GREEN AND GOLD!!
>In HE, there was BU as well, and now I'm told that Wisconsin has
>red too. Is there no end to the red. I like variety. (e.g. GREEN AND
>GOLD!!!!)

Gotta tell ya -- I took my fiancee to Hockeyfest '91, and when she saw the
Clarkson uniforms, she said, "You know, those colors just aren't very
inspiring..."

But anyway, red is certainly a very popular color for hockey uniforms.  Of
the 44 Division I teams, there are 18 or 19 whose colors include some shade
of red:

ECAC:
     Brown (Cardinal)
     Colgate (Maroon)
     Cornell (Carnelian)
     Harvard (Crimson)
     RPI (Cherry)
     St. Lawrence (Scarlet)

Hockey East:
     Boston College (Maroon)
     Boston University (Scarlet)
     Lowell (Red)
     Northeastern (Red)

CCHA:
     Ferris State (Crimson)
     Miami-Ohio (Red)
     Ohio State (Scarlet)

WCHA:
     Denver (Crimson)
     Minnesota (Maroon)
     Minnesota-Duluth (Maroon)
     St. Cloud State (Cardinal)
     Wisconsin (Cardinal)

The one I'm not sure about is Illinois-Chicago, for which one of the colors
is described as "Flame".  I don't know whether this is red, orange, yellow,
or what.

While we're discussing uniforms, I just wanted to mention that the "DIY"
patch the Cornell players were wearing on their left shoulders is in honor of
Dr. Daniel I. Yale, the long-time team physician who died in February after a
long illness.

No, I will not be going to Michigan.  Guess who got his credit card bill
today, YAAGH!!

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86
LET'S GO RED!!

"A four-year study of couples found that men who did housework were healthier
 than those who didn't."
"Their wives let them live."
-- "Sylvia"