From:
Shari Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 91 12:46:01 2359
More NCAA stuff (re: bands)

More NCAA ramblings...

A previous poster said Northern Michigan was 4-0 against the Gophers.
This is far from correct! These 2 teams were very even this year,
each having 1-0-1 home records against each other. Not only did
they tie the season series, but they each scored a total of 16
goals in the 4 games! No wonder why the championship game was so
close!

A word of warning to Clarkson fans about the cheeseheads (er, Wisconsin!)
Their band, and fans are incredible! They have the most organized
cheering section I've ever seen. During power plays, their drummer
plays constantly, while the fans sing in the background. Their 'sieve'
cheer is unparalleled after goals, lasting for up to 2 or 3 minutes.
And finally, two of their 'school songs' include the Budweiser theme
(When you say WIS-CON-SIN....), and "Hot time in the old town".
They also do a rousing "Beer Barrel Polka", where the fans start
dancing in the isles.

I played in the Minn. Gophers pep band for 5 years, and I must admit,
they were pretty boring compared to the Badger-band!

GO GO GOPHERS....FRY THE FRIARS!!
shari