Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 91 11:16:37 EST
Wayne Smith writes . . .
> >Trying to be objective, I have seen maybe 4-5 games this season that I
> >would say that there was good officiating. Maybe my view is colored. Maybe
> >all our views are colored. Any comments appreciated...
> The refs just call it like they see it.  One guy can't see everything.
> Two or three refs can't be used because the rules aren't interpreted the
> same from ref-to-ref and from game-to-game and from minute-to-minute.
> You can hold a little, but not too much.  You can slash a little, but
> not too hard.  You can hook a little, but he'd better not fall down.

How 'bout in basketball? It is clear that basketball officiating is an
equally objective art, but they manage (somehow) to coordinate themselves.
I think hockey could use another ref on the ice, or should allow linesmen
to call penalties. You wouldn't have Ahola getting off scot-free with Roy
down.

> ... but geez ... it's a heck of a game!

Ain't that the truth!

--
Josh Hartmann             |     ___   ___     | ``the imagination is like an
[log in to unmask]       |    |   | |   |    | engine that can work on many