From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 91 10:49:23 EST
>Trying to be objective, I have seen maybe 4-5 games this season that I
>would say that there was good officiating. Maybe my view is colored. Maybe
>all our views are colored. Any comments appreciated...

I'll admit my view is colored.  Big-Time college hockey is just a farm
league for players and coaches looking toward the NHL.  The GAME could
be played any way the ruling bodies want, but the pressure from the
performers is too great to change the game from what it is.

The refs just call it like they see it.  One guy can't see everything.

Two or three refs can't be used because the rules aren't interpreted the
same from ref-to-ref and from game-to-game and from minute-to-minute.
You can hold a little, but not too much.  You can slash a little, but
not too hard.  You can hook a little, but he'd better not fall down.

... but geez ... it's a heck of a game!