From:
Meg Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 91 17:25:13 EST
(First, a thanks to Chris Craig from all the Lynah Faithful for nominating
us as best fans in the Gahden. I agree that Friday night the HE crowd was
just not impressive.)

Is there anyone from SLU who posts to this group? I would dearly love
to know St. Lawrence's reaction to the NCAA seedings -- I mean, I can
_imagine_ what they are saying, but...

I, too, was disappointed in the ECAC's level of play, compared with
what I saw on Friday night (excluding Maine/NU). It's easy to see why
the NCAA chose to reflect the ECAC weakness by seeding Clarkson 4th in
the East -- so much for that bye I had been hearing about! I am glad they
took BU/BC/Maine, but was surprised about Providence. Why had everyone in the
group predicted 3 HE/1 or 2 ECAC -- where would the other two bids have
gone? To the West? To the independents?

Needless to say, last night/this morning 'round _this_ campus, at least,
everyone was completely surprised about our bid. And not complaining.

Meg Arnold '91
Cornell Theory Center

PS- Bill Fenwick, we miss your post about the weekend's game. (Are you
going to Michigan?)