Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 91 11:49:44 EST
Steve K writes:
>I strongly dissagree!  HE gets 3 and ECAC 1, that means that
>even with the Independent Bid the West gets 7 teams.  No way!

I wasn't advocating the West get 7, since after all the Independents are not
limited to getting 1, it just typically works out that way. Perhaps this could
be they year they get 2, though I doubt it since there are so few of them and
they're not all that strong. Still the CCHA and WCHA have a lot of strong
teams this year, the bulk of the top 10. A more likely scenario is that ECAC
gets 2, Independents 1, and the rest 3. I just don't think the ECAC teams will
last very long. Which doesn't mean I don't support the ECAC, just that I think
this is  a weak year for the Conference.

JH