From:
Mark Gibbons <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Gibbons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 1994 07:32:38 EST
 Ryan Robbins <[log in to unmask] writes:

>       It is up to the officials to enforce the rules. If the referees
>       didn't notice the extra man, blame them, not Walsh. On the
>       radio up here Joe Carr said it was a brilliant move by Walsh
>       because there was so little time left in the game it would not
>       have mattered if a penalty was assessed.

I'd like to say this is an indication of how twisted sports have become
in this country.  Its ok for my team to cheat, in fact if we get away
with it we can all have a good laugh & if we don't maybe it won't hurt
us much anyway.  Would they have found it so amusing if the situation
where rtevesed?  Would Tony be writing us if it had been?(sorry Tony
I don't mean to slander you, but honestly would you have? I know many
on this list would not).  If "we" do it it is cute if "they" do it it
is evil, mean, wicked & nasty is a major theme in college sports &
all too often on this list.

I can hardly wait for the day a hockey coach treatens to kill another
coach at a post game press conference, won't we all be proud.

me