Sender:
From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1993 14:42:31 -0500
Brush Christiansen from Alaska Anchorage was a guest today along with MTU
head basketball coach Jeff Kotillia.  During Jeff's remarks, he turned to
Brush and said:

    "this is something I've wanted to do for a long time.  For the
      First time in my coaching career I can ask an oposing coach
      ......HOW"S THE WEATHER UP THERE! "

One of the more amusing quotes today tho (and I'll leave it as anonymous)
was  "now that the WCHA "scabs" are officiating in the NHL, The NHL
       Players association has voted to STRIKE!"  ;-)

Yea I know everyone loves to hit on the refs.....

From what I heard, Brian Ricci was reff'n in Boston gardens last night and
Shepard was out there somewhere also.  This leads to an interesting question,
as long as the NHL strike is on, who is gonna get short shafted on refs?
will they stay on weekends with the NHL  or come back to college hockey?

Back to MTU VS UAA,  Brush talked about a few of his players, including
Kieth Morris, one of their best, and after a question came from the audience
to Brush asking what number Kieth was.  Brush , still standing at the podium,
was beaten to the answer by Bob Mancini seated at the table who blurted out
his number.  obviusly Bob was impressed with the film he's seen on Kieth.

this should be a good one tonight as Lee Schill has a 3-4-0 mark with a
3.39 GA and .897 save percentage for the seawolves, goes up against Jamie
Ram for MTU.  Brush said he hope the goaltending is hot on both ends, that
way he knows he'll still be in the game.

Ram had a streak of 97:02 of shutout hockey snapped in saturdays second period.
Hopefully tonight he starts a new one! ;-)

See you after the game.
 Bob