Sender:
From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1993 10:45:19 -0600
John Hauessler sez:

>A note appeared in yesterday's ANN ARBOR NEWS regarding the conference
>status of Alaska-Fairbanks.  From my understanding:
>
>UAF is seeking a deal that will make it a full member of the WCHA, joining
>Alaska-Anchorage.  Should this not happen, the CCHA has said it will retain
>UAF as an affiliate member.

Gopher coach Doug Woog was quoted on the subject in the Minneapolis paper
today, sounding a bit dubious about the proposition.  He said that the only
difference between travelling to Anchorage or Amsterdam was a matter of
going east or west, and that Fairbanks is yet another hour away.  He said
that the addtional travel would take too much time away from the players'
classwork.

-- Erik