Sender:
From:
Tom Tseng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1993 10:51:57 -0500
 RE>Native American mascots (wa

Where does this insanity end?  If I were an animal-right activist, should I be
campaigning for schools not to compete against other schools with animal
mascots, logos, etc.  How about if I were color-blind?  Should I feel that
competing against teams like Cornell's Big Red, Harvard's Crimson, or
Dartmouth's Big Green a personal insult?  This proposed rule, whether it has
anything to do with hockey or not,  has stupidity written all over it.  People
should be ashamed that there are college administrators out there working on
trivial issues like this rather trying to improve teaching quality or recruit
more diverse students.

Tom Y. Tseng