Sender:
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1993 22:07:07 EST
Comments:
Warning -- original Sender: tag was [log in to unmask]
BU came back to win over ME 7-6 in OT after trailing 6-2 in the second
period.  BU hung tough and benefited off a fluke goal off a defenders
skate.  Cashman came in in the second period and shut maine down.  An
undefeated streak in hockey is a remarkable thing in a game like hockey,
and it finally comes to an end.  Give credit to BU, they hung tough and
showed they have some firepower of their own to come back in front of the
Alfond faithful.  BU really got physical after Maine went up 6-2 while
Maine seemed to try to make that perfect pass that gave them that lead to
begin with.  It seemed to me like BU was trying to send a message to MAine
for Sat. with all the sudden hitting, but the message was delivered tonight.
Credit Parker with a well coached game as the change in style seemed to
work for BU.  I won't go as far as to say that Maine can't handle the
physical game, but BU used it to their vantage tonight and had some bounces
that went their way.  Tomorrow should be a hell of a game.
Hey, one out of thirty something isn't bad.
Brian Scheller