Sender:
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 11:14:24 -0500
7bit
From:
"Edward N. Moller" <[log in to unmask]>
To: greenie <[log in to unmask]>
On Sun, 1 Nov 1998 02:48:44 -0700 greenie wrote:

> BU is off to its worst start in 30 years.
>
> My figures may be off a somewhat, but I don't think BU has gone 0-4 to
> start the season since the late 60's. I do know that the last time they
> were off to an 0-3 start was in 1976. That's 22 years, anyway.

Boston University started the 1976-77 season 0-5, but went on to finish with a
22-11-1 record and captured the ECAC title (sorry Joe LaCour and Greg Ambrose).
After this Friday's game against Princeton, the only thing this year's edition
will have in common with the 1976-77 squad is the 0-5 start.  As BU radio
commentator Tom Ryan (he of the mediocre 1980's teams) put it on the postgame
show (which I was actually able to pick up in my car), if you're feeling really
bad about yourself, sit in on a Terrier practice session this week.  That ought
to boost your own self-esteem.

For the record, in 1972-73, BU forfeited their first 15 games due to an
ineligible player.  Prior to that, you have to go all the way back to 1954-55,
when they won two of their first three, then went on to drop their next 13
straight.  They finished 4-19 that year.  The 1953-54 team, which finished
4-15-1, lost five of their first six, tying their fourth game of the season.

--
Edward N. Moller
Controller